My way home: competition and choice in human services
13 Apr 2016
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
With over 150 attendees from across Australia, the conference examined current practice and competition across the disability, housing assistance, homelessness, aged care and mental health sectors, with a particular focus on practice and policy solutions.
The conference also drew on the latest research findings from the soon to be completed AHURI Inquiry into Individualised forms of welfare provision and reform of Australia's housing assistance system.
View the conference program.
- Mr Mike Allen, Chair, Disability Housing Futures
- Ms Marion Bennett, Head of Policy & Advocacy, Sector Engagement, Mission Australia
- Mr David Bowen, Chief Executive Officer, National Disability Insurance Agency
- Mr Philip Fagan-Schmidt, Executive Director, Housing SA, Department for Communities and Social Inclusion
- Ms Carolyn Finis, Community Relations Manager, Summer Foundation
- Prof Ian Harper, Chair, Competition Policy Review and Partner, Deloitte Access Economics
- Hon Brad Hazzard MP, NSW Minister for Family and Community Services and Minister for Social Housing
- Prof Kath Hulse, Professor of Housing Studies, AHURI Research Centre—Swinburne University of Technology
- Mr Dan Jefferson, Director, Community Services Priority Projects, Victorian Department of Health and Human Services
- Mr Michael Lennon, Managing Director, Housing Choices Australia
- Mr Bryan Lipmann AM, Chief Executive Officer, Wintringham Specialist Aged Care
- Dr Gerry Naughtin, Chief Executive, Mind Australia
- Mr Iain Scott, Group Manager, Housing, Homelessness and Assurance Group, Federal Department of Social Services
- Dr Ilan Wiesel, Senior Research Fellow, City Futures Research Centre, AHURI Research Centre—University of NSW
- Dr Ian Winter, Executive Director, AHURI Limited
- Mr Ian Yates AM, Chief Executive, COTA Australia