Top 7 reasons for you to attend the National Housing Conference 2017
Interested in #NHCSydney? Here are the top 7 reasons to join us this year
6 July 2017
- Be a change-maker. With the reform of Australia's housing and homelessness system firmly on the national agenda, now is the time to make real change.
- Join the largest gathering of social and affordable housing professionals in Australasia
- Engage with a high quality program of policy relevant evidence, best practice and leading policy initiatives
- Network and connect with up to 1,000 professionals across housing and related fields
- Participate, collaborate and debate
- Experience site tours to see Sydney’s innovative housing and homelessness options
- Celebrate our successes – get social and make new friends while catching up with colleagues and peers.
Register by Monday 31 July to secure the special early bird rate.
1. Be a change-maker –housing and homelessness are on the national agenda
In 2017, housing and homelessness issues have dominated the media cycle and much of the political debate. Our political leaders are engaged, the community at large is involved, and now is the time to create real change! With such an appetite for reform, the 2017 conference is perfectly timed for you, the best and brightest minds in the sector to come together and help deliver lasting reform.
2. Join the largest gathering of social and affordable housing sector professionals in Australasia
Only held every two years, the National Housing Conference is the largest gathering of not only social and affordable housing practitioners, but the broad sectors that interact with them – policy makers, planners, developers, peak industry bodies, researchers, financiers and more. Collaboration across governments and these sectors will be key to making an impact and there won’t be a better opportunity than #NHCSydney.
3. Engage with a high quality three day program of policy relevant evidence, best practice examples and leading policy initiatives
Over three days and more than 30 sessions the conference program will allow for in-depth analysis of a range of major topics and will feature the latest policy relevant evidence, best practice examples from Australia and abroad, and new policy initiatives. Head home inspired with the latest strategies, resources and approaches.
4. Network and connect with over 1,000 housing professionals
Every two years delegates select ‘networking’ as their number one reason for attending the conference. NHC 2017 will be the perfect place to network and collaborate with old friends and make new connections. With dedicated networking spaces and social events, you are bound to leave with a bag full of business cards and a wealth of new ideas.
5. Participate, collaborate and debate
Engagement and participation is central to the NHC program and we encourage you to contribute your ideas, participate in debate, and collaborate with peers and presenters. All sessions will provide opportunities for your input through old fashioned Q&A and workshop sessions, as well as digital app based participation. Your involvement is key to advancing real housing outcomes for all Australians.
6. Experience site tours to see Sydney’s innovative housing and homelessness solutions
Embrace local innovation and see how Sydney is providing housing and homelessness solutions in Australia’s largest city. The NSW Government have undertaken an ambitious social housing policy reform agenda and there is no doubt you will learn a lot while touring this amazing city.
7. Celebrate our successes – make new friends while catching up with colleagues and peers
Fantastic social events enhance your conference experience, so make the most of the official Welcome Function, the Conference Dinner and the NHC 2017 Exhibition Precinct. We’ll also be announcing a program of entertainment, activities and opportunities for you to have a little fun while you’re with us in Sydney!
Register by Monday 31 July to secure the special early bird rate and save $200.