AHURI participates in Population roundtable
The roundtable was hosted by the Hon Alan Tudge MP, Minister for Cities
22 November 2018
Executive Director of AHURI, Dr Michael Fotheringham recently participated in an invitational roundtable on policy options relating to Australia’s population growth and planning for population growth at national, city and regional levels. The roundtable was hosted by the Hon Alan Tudge MP, Minister for Cities, Urban Infrastructure and Population.
Key issues covered at the roundtable were:
- Better ways to balance population growth across the country;
- Adjustments to Australia’s migration program to support the needs of different regions;
- Planning better for infrastructure and development needed in the future;
- Factors to consider in the Australian Government’s approach to population planning;
- Whether major Australian cities would benefit from slower population growth;
- How to better manage population pressures on major Australian cities.