AHURI releases Strategic Plan 2018–2022
New Strategic Plan defines AHURI's vision into the future
25 October 2018
AHURI is pleased to release its new Strategic Plan 2018–2022, highlighting AHURI’s vision, values and strategic goals for the next four years. The Strategic Plan embraces the fact that while Australia continues to experience sustained economic growth, the nation faces many housing, homelessness and urban challenges that impact liveability and productivity.
At the core of the new Strategic Plan is a strengthening of AHURI's commitment to cities research and policy. Australia is a highly urbanised country, and the great economic growth of our cities has seen an increased demand for infrastructure, transport and housing. To address these challenges, an evidence-base for policy makers at all levels of government is essential.
At the core of the new Strategic Plan is a strengthening of AHURI's commitment to cities research and policy.
The Plan defines six strategic goals that work towards AHURI’s mission to inform and impact better housing, homelessness, cities and related urban outcomes through the delivery and dissemination of relevant and authoritative research.
The strategic goals featured in the Plan are:
- Inform and influence cities policy, planning and practice
- Inform and influence housing policy, planning and practice
- Foster engagement across all sectors and stakeholder groups
- Build public and professional understanding of housing and cities issues
- Enhance national policy and research capability
- Optimise the value that AHURI delivers.
The AHURI Strategic Plan 2018 – 2022 is available for download.