Ian Winter to chair new working group
National Affordable Housing Consortium working group
21 March 2016
Dr Ian Winter is chair of a new working group that will explore and document the business model for a ‘Social Housing Capital Investment Fund’. The working group, which has been established by the National Affordable Housing Consortium, is made up of experts from financial services, academia and the community housing sector and is developing a financial model to increase institutional investment to grow the social and affordable housing portfolio.
As chair, Dr Winter brings a wealth of contemporary knowledge to the role, having recently facilitated the Federal Government's Affordable Housing Working Group roundtables. In addition, AHURI has been at the forefront of research into institutional investment for affordable housing.
The group will submit its recommendations to a Treasury Observer Group as well as a wider group of stakeholders in June 2016.
The working group ... is developing a financial model to increase institutional investment to grow the social and affordable housing portfolio.
Members of the working group:
- Dr Ian Winter, Executive Director, Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute
- James Waddell, Director, Capital Financing Solutions – NAB
- Jane McGill, Senior Policy Adviser – Industry Super Australia
- Daniel Sait, Head of Commercial – Serco Asia Pacific
- Professor Eduardo Roca, Griffith Business School – Griffith University
- Mike Myers, Managing Director – National Affordable Housing Consortia