AHURI RESEARCH IN PROGRESS
Queensland Community Rent Scheme Evaluation
A program evaluation conducted by AHURI and Q Shelter
The Queensland Department of Housing and Public Works (DHPW) has contracted AHURI in partnership with Q Shelter to conduct an evaluation of the Community Rent Scheme (CRS) program.
The CRS is a housing assistance program funded by the Queensland Government through the Department of Housing and Public Works.
The evaluation aims to:
- determine whether the CRS Program has been delivered as intended and has provided outcomes in accordance with objectives
- deliver a strategic analysis of the CRS Program in its current operational and strategic context
- deliver an implementation plan for change to the CRS Program in a reformed social and affordable housing environment.
This evaluation relies on consultation with a wide range of stakeholders.
Q Shelter and AHURI will conduct interviews with CRS providers, DHPW, referral networks, support providers and real estate agencies. Focus groups will be conducted with CRS providers and an online survey will be issued to Queensland housing providers.
We will also interview CRS tenants to understand the effectiveness of the CRS Program from a client perspective.
How can you be involved?
Contact us if you:
- are a CRS provider
- refer to CRS providers
- provide support to CRS clients and would like to participate in the research.
You can provide contact details of:
- organisations that refer clients to your CRS housing program
- organisations that provide support to your CRS clients
- real estate agents that provide CRS properties.
You can also contact us if you have CRS clients who would be suitable for interviews.
The consultation will take place from late January to the end of February 2019.
If you would like further information about this evaluation or wish to participate in the consultation phase of the project, please contact:
Manager AHURI Professional Services
(03) 9660 2300
Director Policy and Sector Capacity
(07) 3831 5900
Images © The State of Queensland 2018