National Housing Finance and Investment Corporation Review
AHURI research supports that a governing expert Board of Directors requires directors with extensive experience and expertise in financial management and credit assessment along with community housing provider representation.
Growth in community housing provision has been based on transfer of stock from (State owned) public housing and on development of new stock by community housing providers. Increasingly, this new stock is developed through partnerships involving commercial developers, state governments, or both.
This submission outlines:
- The impact of the National Housing Finance and Investment Corporation (NHFIC) on the Community Housing Provider (CHP) Sector
- The Role of NHFIC in Housing Supply
- The Role of NHFIC in Increasing Homeownership
- The Role of NHFIC Research
- The Governance and Operation of NHFIC