Australian policy and decision making in housing and urban issues is informed by credible and independent evidence to facilitate:
- the alignment of public, private and not-for-profit sector investment to optimise outcomes and value
- an integrated approach to planning productive, sustainable, and liveable urban environments
- healthy, cohesive and connected communities and places
- affordable and secure housing for all Australians.
To inform and impact better housing, homelessness, cities and related urban outcomes through the delivery and dissemination of relevant and authoritative research.
Our strategic goals
- Inform and influence cities policy, planning and practice
- Inform and influence housing policy, planning and practice
- Foster engagement across all sectors and stakeholder groups
- Build public and professional understanding of housing and cities issues
- Enhance national policy and research capability
- Optimise the value that AHURI delivers.